Rosa Patino (Trinity '12)
"I was fortunate enough to experience the Duke in Berlin Program in both the summer and the fall. Although I had a great time during the summer program, I think the fall program has more to offer. My 4 months in Berlin were well spent. I absolutely loved learning about the architecture in Berlin and then venturing off on my own in my free time to explore and learn more about it! That’s not something you can do just anywhere! Berlin was very affordable, yet lively! It was definitely one of the most amazing experiences in my life.
Why Berlin over other Study Abroad opportunities?
- Despite the stereotypes they are associated with, Germans are pretty INVITING!
- Berlin is a very large city, yet it does not give off a sense of being crowded.
- There is always something to do, somewhere to go and new things to explore!
- The culture and diversity.
- Gaining independence and having fun while doing it!"