Associate Professor in the Department of Germanic Languages and Literature
Henry Pickford works in philosophy and literature, primarily within the German tradition. Areas of interest include German Idealism, Marx, Wittgenstein, and Frankfurt School Critical Theory. He has authored or co-authored books on philosophical intuitions, Holocaust art, and emotion and expression in aesthetics. He has edited and translated collections of essays by the German philosopher Theodor W. Adorno and poetry by the contemporary émigré poet Lev Loseff.
- MA 2004, University of Pittsburgh
- D.Phil. 2001, Yale University
- PhD 2001, Yale University
- MA 1986, Stanford University
- BA 1983, Dartmouth College