Grants & Fellowships
For Undergraduate or Graduate Students, or Faculty
- New Fulbright-Botstiber Awards for Austrian-American Studies -- of potential interest for undergraduates, graduate students, and faculty: http://www.fulbright.at/fulbright-for-austrians/scholars/botstiber.html
- The Council for International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) is now accepting applications for the 2012 Fulbright German Studies Seminar. The topic is “Nation-State and European Identity” and the application deadline is October 14, 2011. Eligible candidates include scholars from U.S. universities, colleges, and community colleges who hold full-time teaching appointments and a Ph.D., or equivalent professional/terminal degree, in a field related to the seminar topic. Applicants must be U.S. citizens. The seminar will be held in English and will take place June 12 – 23, 2012. More information about this award can be found online at www.cies.org/GSS/.
DAAD fellowships and grants:
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the German national agency for the support of international academic cooperation. There are fellowships for undergraduates and graduating seniors. For more information, contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Jakob Norberg (email@example.com).
DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship:
For undergraduates interested in receiving funding to study or conduct thesis research in Germany.
DAAD Study Scholarship:
Awarded to qualified graduating seniors who wish to research or study in Germany.
DAAD RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering
For undergraduates in biology, chemistry, earth sciences, engineering, and physics who wish to spend a summer working on a research project.
DAAD RISE Professional:
Graduating seniors in the fields of biology, chemistry, earth sciences, engineering, and physics can secure internships in German companies.
Every year, a graduating senior with a German major or minor spends a year at the premier German boarding school Landheim Schondorf located outside of Munich, serving as a tutor and teacher's assistant. The selected student is provided with room and board, health insurance, round-trip airfare, and a generous monthly stipend (1,000€). For further details about the application process, please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies, Jakob Norberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Fulbright Scholarship Program is the largest U.S. international exchange program offering a variety of opportunities for students, international graduate study, advanced research, and teaching in elementary and secondary schools worldwide.
German American Chamber of Commerce
The German American Chamber of Commerce offers internships in a range of fields (consulting services, membership & events, PR & communications, accounting) for students who want to gain work experience in a bilingual environment. Interns receive a monthly stipend and that the minimum
duration is six months.
- Mac Anderson Summer Language Program Scholarship (Duke University Global Education)
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange
- International Parliament Stipend of the German Bundestag
- German Marshall Fund of the United States
- US State Department fellowships
- Robert Bosch Foundation Tutor Program
- Study in Germany general resource page (Deutsche Welle)